pg_hba.conf problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Nedrow
Subject pg_hba.conf problem
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to set up the cyrus imap server using PostgreSQL as the
authentication backend.

Currently, the issue I'm having is that I'm unable to connect via psql
on the loopback address (127.0.0.1).

I believe I have the pg_hba.conf file correct, though I've tried a
number of variations other than what I've included below. After each
change to pg_hba.conf, I bounce postgresql (stop start), but still get
a FATAL error re: missing entries for 127.0.0.1.

I'm stumped. I'm probably missing something simple, but I've looked at
a number of samples on usenet and in the PostgreSQL doco, but I haven't
been able to clear this up.

pg_hba.conf
===========

local  all      all             ident   sameuser
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          password

command and error

[root@netfinity root]# psql mail -U mail -W -h 127.0.0.1 <
/var/www/html/web-cyradm-0.5.3-1/scripts/create_pgsql.sql
Password: *********
psql: FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 127.0.0.1, user mail,
database mail

[root@netfinity root]#

Any ideas?

-David