Re: How to extract a substring using Regex - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: How to extract a substring using Regex
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 23, 2007, at 20:01 , Postgres User wrote:

>>> Yes, I read the manual.  I think I had a problem because of the
>>> special chars (< / >) that I'm trying to search for...  Still
>>> looking
>>> for the right syntax.
>>
>> Why don't you show us what you've tried and the errors you're
>> getting? That way we can help you figure out what you're doing wrong
>> rather than just give you an answer.
>>
>> Michael Glaesemann
>
> SELECT substring(data_field from '<name>(.)</name>')
> FROM myTable

Looks like you might want to brush up on regular expressions in
general. Your expression will match a single character between the
<name> tags. You might want to try something like .+ instead.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net