Re: Installing plpgsql fails - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Nigel Bishop
Subject Re: Installing plpgsql fails
Date
List pgsql-admin
Tom,

I tried what Andreas Schmitz suggested (setting PGLIB=/opt/postgres/product/7.3.3/lib in the createlang script), it
didn'treturn an error but there again it didn't return the CREATELANG message either.  Though if I then run the
"createlandlang db" again it says that the language is installed.  Selecting from pg_language does not show the plpgsql
language.

Running pg_config --pkglibdir returns - /opt/postgres/product/7.3.3/lib

When postgres was installed on this machine back in July the configure script was ran with:

./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres/product/7.3.3

Could this make a difference

I was trying to run the dbsize.sql script which fails (ERROR:  stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or
 directory) because the language isn't installed hence why I'm trying to install the lanaguage.

Regards

Nigel Bishop