Re: stats reset during pg_restore? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From George Pavlov
Subject Re: stats reset during pg_restore?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> These stats are not stored in tables, only in memory and saved to a
> special file on disk to be able to preserve it across server
> stop/start.
> But pg_dump does not make the slightest attempt to save it.
>
> Also, you can't save it yourself -- while you could save the values it
> returns on queries to the stats views, there is no way to feed those
> saved values back to the system after a dump/restore.

Thanks! Sounds like I just need to query the stats tables and save the
output for oofline analysis before I do a dump.

Based on how it works it seems that a server crash might lose the
in-memory stats data as well? I imagine PITR does not take care of that
special file (where is it by, by the way?). I have not worked with
replication (yet), but I imagine replica databases will also be agnostic
of the master's stats?