Spring JDBC and the PostgreSQL JDBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Miller, Michael W
Subject Spring JDBC and the PostgreSQL JDBC driver
Date
Re: Spring JDBC and the PostgreSQL JDBC driver  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general

I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this question but who do I talk to about modifying the functionality of the JDBC driver?

The issue I’m running into is the interaction between the Spring Framework JDBC functionality and the PostgreSQL JDBC driver. The specific issue is that I’m using SimpleJdbcCall.execute() to call the database and getting back a Jdbc4Array. When I then try to do something like Jdbc4Array.getArray() I get a SQL error that can be tracked down to the Jdbc driver trying to use a connection object which has already been closed by the Spring Framework.

One of the benefits of the Spring Framework is that I don’t have to bother with the drudge work like creating\closing connections. The drawback seems to be that the JDBC driver is making assumptions like the connection is still open.

What I ‘m looking for is someone who is familiar with the JDBC driver who can say “Yes, it’s worthwhile to add this functionality to the driver.” Or “No, we should be looking at alternative ways to solve the problem.”