Re: pgpool on Opteron server running FreeBSD 6.0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: pgpool on Opteron server running FreeBSD 6.0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sep 7, 2006, at 3:31 PM, andy rost wrote:

> a) The system load is > 20
> b) WCPU values for the 14 active pgpool processes exceed 20%
> c) Context switching on the server jumps as high as 250,000
> The application now takes 4 (with pgpool) rather than less than two
> hours (without pgpool) to complete (it took less than an hour with
> Informix). Strange! Any ideas?

we're going production with a similar setup (though using 64-bit
Xeon) running FreeBSD 6.1/amd64 and pgpool.  I'll check for any funny
behavior like this, but in pre-production testing we are not  seeing
any interrupt storms or hight context switch.

Attachment