Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gregory Williamson
Subject Re: Experience with HP Smart Array P400 and SATA drives?
Date
List pgsql-performance

Me, I'd *never) allow RAID-5 for data I cared abut.

Among other references, see <http://www.miracleas.com/BAARF/RAID5_versus_RAID10.txt>

(sorry for top-posting -- challenged reader and no other content to add)

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)