Re: Creating a VIEW with a POINT column - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Williamson
Subject Re: Creating a VIEW with a POINT column
Date
List pgsql-hackers
/>> column. When trying to select from the view I get an error...<br /> ><br /> > ERROR:  could not identify
anordering operator for type point<br /> > HINT:  Use an explicit ordering operator or modify the query.<br />
stayedfor the delightful banter), but I have noticed that seems to be a real issue, at least for the moment.<br /><br
/>Not trying to be snotty, but perhaps using postGIS <<a
href="http://postgis.refractions.net/">http://postgis.refractions.net/</a>>would be a suitable alternate ? It does
requireadmin rights to install but the point does have an equality op, GIST indexing and is reasonably light-weight in
ConfidentialityNotice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any
unauthorizedreview, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contactthe sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.<br /><br /> (My corporate masters
mademe say this.)<br /></font>