Re: PostgresqlDataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kovács Péter
Subject Re: PostgresqlDataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
I think that if you need the DataSource type just as an alternative to
Driver, you can use the PostgresqlDataSource. But if you think a bit about
it, you certainly will conclude that implementing your own data source for
PostgreSQL based on org.postgresql.Driver is a trifle.

Peter

 -----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Gailly [mailto:hgailly@quantix.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 4:48 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] PostgresqlDataSource

Hi all,

Please,  this is the second time I am posting a message on this subject, I
am new to Postgre. I am really confused by the JDBC Driver which seems to
have lot of versions and each one quite different.

We use Postgre 7.1.3 , can anybody tell me what's the status and how can we
use org.postgresql.PostgresqlDataSource in production as we need a
DataSource implementation for our PoolManager. I can only find it in the
development version although it is said to be supported.

Thanks fo any help

Hubert