Re: String searching - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jonathan Vanasco
Subject Re: String searching
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 18, 2014, at 11:49 AM, Robert DiFalco wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the trigram extension would be the easiest way to implement this. It looks like I wouldn't need
tomess with vectors, etc. It would just look like a standard index and query, right? It seems that if I need something
morepowerful in the future that I could always move to ElasticSearch, Sphinx, or something similar.

I just followed the instructions in the docs to create the index, and ran ANALYZE on the table before running a
standard"like" SELECT.