Re: pread() and pwrite() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pread() and pwrite()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 10/08/2018 09:55 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Rebased again.  Patches that touch AC_CHECK_FUNCS are fun like that!
> Yeah, I've been burnt by that too recently.  It occurs to me we could make
> that at least a little less painful if we formatted the macro with one
> line per function name:
>
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS([
>     cbrt
>     clock_gettime
>     fdatasync
>     wcstombs_l
> ])
>
> You'd still get conflicts in configure itself, of course, but that
> doesn't require manual work to resolve -- just re-run autoconf.

By and large I think it's better not to submit patches with changes to
configure, but to let the committer run autoconf.

You can avoid getting such changes in your patches by doing something
like this:

     git config diff.nodiff.command /bin/true
     echo configure diff=nodiff >> .git/info/attributes

If you actually want to turn this off and see any diffs in configure, run

     git diff --no-ext-diff

It's also possible to supply a filter expression to 'git diff'.

OTOH, this will probably confuse the heck out of the cfbot patch checker.

cheers

andrew