Re: Need help migrating MSSQL2008R2 tables into PGSQL & make PGSQL mimic MSSQL behaviour. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Need help migrating MSSQL2008R2 tables into PGSQL & make PGSQL mimic MSSQL behaviour.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2024-05-08 at 00:20 +0000, buggedme@riseup.net wrote:
> I heard PGSQL can act like MSSQL behaviour so I'm trying to migrating
> tables to try it myself, but I really have hard time to migrating them.

I think you have heard about Babelfish (https://babelfishpg.org/).
It is a modified version of PostgreSQL, written by Amazon, that provides
a TDS interface to PostgreSQL, so that a program written for Microsoft
SQL Server can connect to it.  It works up to a certain extent.
You could use it to migrate data to PostgreSQL, but you'd have to
continue to use Babelfish unless you change your application to speak
the PostgreSQL protocol.

There are other tools to migrate to PostgreSQL, for example
https://github.com/fljdin/mssql_migrator

Yours,
Laurenz Albe