Re: Issue with point_ops and NaN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: Issue with point_ops and NaN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2021-03-31 at 15:48 +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> Thanks! However, Michael's suggestion is worth considering.  What do
> you think about makeing NaN-involved comparison return NULL?  If you
> agree to that, I'll make a further change to the patch.

If you think of "NaN" literally as "not a number", then FALSE would
make sense, since "not a number" implies "not a number between 0 and 1".

But since NaN is the result of operations like 0/0 or infinity - infinity,
NULL might be better.

So I'd opt for NULL too.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe