Modifying search_path in a stored procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Eric Brown
Subject Modifying search_path in a stored procedure
Date
Re: Modifying search_path in a stored procedure  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
I know I can SET the schema search_path in a stored procedure, but is
there any way to retrieve it first so that I can get the current value
and manipulate that rather than just replace it?

I've got two sets of data and two sets of functions in 4 respective
schemas. I want to select one set of data and one set of functions. It
is fairly straight forward. However, it would be nice if I want to swap
the schemas with the functions, I don't have to remember what data
schema I was using.

Thanks.

Eric Brown
408-571-6341