Re: Partitioning vs ON CONFLICT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: Partitioning vs ON CONFLICT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2017/03/30 18:02, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> This should be added to the open items list. I am not able to add it
> myself, as I don't have "editor" privileges on open items wiki. I have
> requested for those privileges.

I am going to shortly, after I reply to Shinoda-san's report.  While the
crash can be fixed with a simple patch, I think we need to consider a
bigger question of whether ON CONFLICT processing on leaf partitions
should really occur.  Commit 8355a011a0 enabled specifying ON CONFLICT DO
NOTHING on when inserting into a partitioned root table, but I think we
might need to reconsider.

Thanks,
Amit