Re: How to properly query lots of rows based on timestamps? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thorsten Schöning
Subject Re: How to properly query lots of rows based on timestamps?
Date
List pgsql-general
Guten Tag Tom Lane,
am Samstag, 29. August 2020 um 17:19 schrieben Sie:

> TBH, this seems like a pretty awful data design.  If you included the
> timestamp column into oms_rec, and had an index on it, then you would
> not need a join at all.

clt_rec and oms_rec are different types of data and only the former
includes the timestamp, that's simply how the stored data works. So if
at all, oms_rec needs to be embedded into clt_rec entirely. While I
considered that in the past already, wasn't sure if that is the best
approach to model those two different data types.

I'll make a note and consider refactoring at some point, so thanks for
your opinion!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55