Re: corruption diag/recovery, pg_dump crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: corruption diag/recovery, pg_dump crash
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Now I am finally getting a good look at
> the corruption (which appears to have moved around during the scp):

Hm.  I don't see anything particularly exceptionable in pg_class page 11
--- rather a lot of dead tuples, but that's not proof of corruption.
To judge by your SELECT results, there are *no* live tuples in pg_class
between pages 11 and 543, and a bad page header in page 543.  What do
you see if you ask pg_filedump to dump all that page range?  (It'd be
a bit much to send to the list, but you can send it to me off-list.)

            regards, tom lane