Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUG?] strange behavior in ALTER TABLE ... RENAME TO on inherited columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have cleaned up and simplified this patch.  Attached is the version
> I intend to commit.  Changes:

Minor suggestions:

I think the names like "rel_parents" would read better as
"rel_numparents" etc.  As-is, the reader could be forgiven for expecting
that this will be a list of parent relation OIDs or some such.

The new loop added within find_all_inheritors could really do with an
addition to the comments, along the line of "If a child is already
seen, increment the corresponding numparents count".

I don't trust the proposed "order by attrelid" business in the
regression test --- once in a blue moon, that will fail because the
OID counter wrapped around mid-test, and we'll get an unreproducible
bug report.  I'd suggest order by attrelid::regclass::text.

Looks sane otherwise.