Re: Case expression pushdown - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Case expression pushdown
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alexander Pyhalov <a.pyhalov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> [ 0001-Allow-pushing-CASE-expression-to-foreign-server-v6.patch ]

This doesn't compile cleanly:

deparse.c: In function 'foreign_expr_walker.isra.4':
deparse.c:920:8: warning: 'collation' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
     if (collation != outer_cxt->collation)
        ^
deparse.c:914:3: warning: 'state' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   switch (state)
   ^~~~~~

These uninitialized variables very likely explain the fact that it fails
regression tests, both for me and for the cfbot.  Even if this weren't an
outright bug, we don't tolerate code that produces warnings on common
compilers.