Re: number of views supported in 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: number of views supported in 7.1
Date
List pgsql-general
"Emmanuel SARACCO" <emmanuel.saracco@d-interactive.com> writes:
> does someone knows how many views postgresql can support (we need more than
> 360000 views (dynamically generated) for our application)?
> is it a problem?

AFAIK there's no specific upper limit to the number of views in Postgres
... but one has to wonder whether you shouldn't be reconsidering your
application design.  How could you possibly need 360k different views?
How will you even keep track of which one to use?  I would think that
just generating the correct SELECT query on the fly would be more
manageable than trying to have a library of every SELECT you might
possibly need, which is what this sounds like.

            regards, tom lane