Re: multimaster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Staubo
Subject Re: multimaster
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/2/07, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
> I don't know if it's a general problem, but I've been involved in a
> using rails and it appears to have it's own way of declaring the
> database. It presumes to handle referential integrity and uniqueness in
> the application code (!).

I think you've been misled. True, Rails/ActiveRecord does bear the
signs of having been designed for MySQL/MyISAM, which has neither
transactions nor referential integrity, but this does not mean that
Rails does not support these constructs, or that Rails users don't use
them. I value my data integrity, so all my relations have RI, unique
constraints, null constraints, etc. as in any well-designed schema.

Alexander.