Re: Slightly OT. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Staubo
Subject Re: Slightly OT.
Date
Re: Slightly OT.  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 6/2/07, Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> "Alexander Staubo" <alex@purefiction.net> writes:
>
> > I would love for the answer to have been "sorry, we did not have time
> > or manpower enough to implement fully transparent replication yet,
> > because it's a rather complex, you see";
>
> Would you still love that if you're one of the people who use replication to
> move the data to a reporting database which has a modified schema appropriate
> for the different usage? This improvement would make it useless for that
> purpose.

All you would require is a simple boolean flag to enable or disable
automatic DDL propagation, surely. Clearly people use replication for
different purposes; the current system favours people who prefer to
handle DDL propagation manually, and I am not one of them.

Alexander.