R: R: [GENERAL] Slow queries on very big (and partitioned) table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Job
Subject R: R: [GENERAL] Slow queries on very big (and partitioned) table
Date
Re: R: R: [GENERAL] Slow queries on very big (and partitioned) table  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your excellent opinion!

>If this is really what you're mostly doing, having constraint exclusion and an index on 'profile' would probably be
enough,if you insist on continuing to have the table partitioned by day (which I continue to argue is a bad idea-
>based on the number of total rows you mentioned and the number of partitions, you have partitions with less than 20M
rowseach and that's really small, month-based partitions with a BRIN would probably work better).  If you get to
>the point of having years worth of daily partitions, you'd going to see increases in planning time.

Based on our simulation, we can raise until 5Gb of datas for a single day, with some millions of rows.
We thought to implement one partition for day.
Do you think it should be fine?

Thank you!
/F