Re: Defer selection of asynchronous subplans until the executor initialization stage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey V. Lepikhov
Subject Re: Defer selection of asynchronous subplans until the executor initialization stage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/23/21 2:18 PM, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> To just execute what was planned at execution time, I think we should
> return to the patch in [1].  The patch was created for Horiguchi-san’s
> async-execution patch, so I modified it to work with HEAD, and added a
> simplified version of your test cases.  Please find attached a patch.
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/7fe10f95-ac6c-c81d-a9d3-227493eb9055@postgrespro.ru
I agree, this way is more safe. I tried to search for another approach,
because here isn't general solution: for each plan node we should
implement support of asynchronous behaviour.
But for practical use, for small set of nodes, it will work good. I
haven't any objections for this patch.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov