Re: searching for git commit hash - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: searching for git commit hash
Date
Re: searching for git commit hash
List pgsql-www
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> That's what I use.  What about it doesn't work for you?

> I don't remember how to summon it properly so it keeps barking at me.

FWIW, I run it once a week or so without any parameters and keep the
results in a text file for quick reference.  I won't be answerable
for whether any of those options Bruce added work ;-)

> ./src/tools/git_changelog --since '2012-09-14 00:00:00' --oldest-first --details-after
> fatal: ambiguous argument 'master..origin/REL9_2_STABLE': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
> Use '--' to separate paths from revisions
> git log --format=fuller --date=iso --since=2012-09-14 00:00:00 --parents
> master..origin/REL9_2_STABLE failed at ./src/tools/git_changelog line
> 141.

That is a bit odd though, since it seems to be failing in mainline code
that's not dependent on any options at all.  What version of git do you
have?
        regards, tom lane