difficulty running pg on XP as appl. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PG Subscriber
Subject difficulty running pg on XP as appl.
Date
Re: difficulty running pg on XP as appl.  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-general
I'm on Windows XP SP 2, trying to run PostgreSQL 8.3.4.

Running postgres.exe gives the error:

"Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is
not permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises. See the documentation for more
information on how to properly start the server.
"

Now, at the postgres wiki it says:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Why_do_I_need_a_non-administrator_account_to_run_PostgreSQL_under.3F
" Why do I need a non-administrator account to run PostgreSQL under?

When a hacker gains entry to a computer using a software bug in a
package, she gains the permissions of the user account under which the
service is run. Whilst we do not know of any such bugs in PostgreSQL, we
enforce the use of a non-administrative service account to minimise the
possible damage that a hacker could do should they find and utilise a
bug in PostgreSQL to hack the system.

This has long been common practice in the Unix world, and is starting to
become standard practice in the Windows world as well as Microsoft and
other vendors work to improve the security of their systems.

Note, that with the release of PostgreSQL 8.2, it is possible to run
under a administrative account. PostgreSQL 8.2 and above are able to
irrevocably give up administrative rights at startup thus ensuring the
rest of the system remains secure in the extremely unlikely event that
PostgreSQL becomes compromised.
"

So, I'm running a recent enough version of pg, now how do I get it to
drop Administrator privs so it will run, rather than give me an error?
Is there some special command line -c option or something (I would have
thought this would be outomatic, but evidently not)?

TIA