Re: losing my mind about sytnax error in window clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rob Sargent
Subject Re: losing my mind about sytnax error in window clause
Date
List pgsql-sql

On Jun 7, 2022, at 7:03 PM, Rein Petersen <email@reinpetersen.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I've been reading the docs over and again, searching exhaustively for examples on the internet to help me here and I'm ready to give up.

I have a query using windows function:

SELECT
    last_value ( typechange )      OVER w,
    pindex,
    lid,
    last_value ( modified )   OVER w,
    last_value ( created )    OVER w,
    last_value ( modifiedby ) OVER w,
    last_value ( createby )   OVER w,
    last_value ( cost ) FILTER ( WHERE cost IS NOT NULL ) OVER w,
    last_value ( sell ) FILTER ( WHERE sell IS NOT NULL ) OVER w
FROM ps._delta_ext
WHERE pindex = Ppindex AND
    ( Plid IS NULL OR lid = Plid ) AND
    ( Ptimestamp IS NULL OR modified <= Ptimestamp )
GROUP BY lid, pindex
WINDOW w AS ( PARITION BY lid, pindex ORDER BY created );
Complains about syntax error in the WINDOW cause (last line) on [PARTITION] BY:
/* messages
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "BY"
LINE 16:  WINDOW w AS ( PARITION BY locationid, partindex ORDER BY cr...
                                 ^
SQL state: 42601
Character: 2724
*/

Maybe my error is clear to someone else, could really use helping hand, thanks.

Rein

Why doesn’t your colorizer pick up ‘window’?  Perhaps it doesn’t pickup ‘partition' either (when properly spelled)?