Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Do we need the ALTER keyword? That isn't used anywhere apart from
> manipulating columns. i.e.

> ALTER TABLE childN INHERITS DROP old_parent;
> ALTER TABLE childN INHERITS ADD new_parent;

At that point it seems like it'd read more naturally the other way
round:

ALTER TABLE childN DROP INHERITS old_parent;
ALTER TABLE childN ADD INHERITS new_parent;

although I'm not sure if this would create a parser conflict against
ADD/DROP COLUMN.