Re: additional json functionality - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: additional json functionality
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 15, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> It's making my head hurt, to be honest, and it sounds like a recipe for years and years of inconsistencies and bugs.
>
> I don't want to have two types, but I think I'd probably rather have two clean types than this. I can't imagine it
beingremotely acceptable to have behaviour depend in whether or not something was ever stored, which is what this looks
like.

I disklike having two types (no, three -- there is hstore, too!). But if there is consensus for it (and I am not at all
convincedthat there is at this point), I can live with it. Docs would have to be pretty explicit, though.

David