dateformat issue - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis
Subject dateformat issue
Date
Re: dateformat issue  (Tk421 <vrobador@gmail.com>)
Re: dateformat issue  (Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about dates, please.

I am using Coldfusion and Postgres
I have a function that takes the ate entered in a form and converts it
into an odbc date format.

So the string ends up being;
{d '2008-04-10'}

Strangely, the function is used throughout the application and causes
no issues but on one particular template.
And this same templates is replicated for other clients - that
seemingly have no issue .

The SQL is simply

Insert into table (datefield) values ({d '2008-04-10'})

Now, I have read the docs and do not see the {d '2008-04-10'} format
as being a valid date data type...
But it works elsewhere in the application / on other sites - thus my
current state of confusion.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.

Please contact me if you should have any questions.

Gavin 'Beau' Baumanis
Senior Application Developer
PalCare Pty. Ltd.

E: beau@palcare.com.au