Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to drop user if objects depend on it
Date
How to get correct local time  ("Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee>)
List pgsql-general
"Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
>> The example script works for me.  What PG version are you running?  I have
>> a vague recollection that we've fixed bugs-of-omission in DROP OWNED in
>> the past.

> I'm using
> "PostgreSQL 9.1.2 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc-4.4.real
> (Debian 4.4.5-8) 4.4.5, 64-bit"

Ah.  I believe this is fixed in 9.1.7 and later.  In prior versions DROP
OWNED neglects to revoke permissions on shared objects (databases,
tablespaces).

Considering that 9.1.x is up to 9.1.19 as of tomorrow, you really ought
to think about doing a minor-version upgrade.  We don't put out bug fix
releases just for idle amusement.

            regards, tom lane