Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian Weimer
Subject Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:

> You guys *definitely* write scarey code.

Yes, indeed.  My code has a lot of unnecessary and error-prone input
validation checks because I don't trust the PostgreSQL parser.

That's scary.  You don't trust your database that it processes a
simple text string, yet you still believe that it keeps all the data
you store, although this involves much more complex data structures
and algorithms.

What a strange asymmetry!

--
Florian Weimer                       Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE