Re: invalidating cached plans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: invalidating cached plans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > (BTW, another thing to consider is how the rewriter will effect a plan's
> > dependencies: I think we should probably invalidate a plan when a
> > modification is made to a view or rule that affected the plan.
>
> This issue goes away as long as you follow the rule that any change to a
> table's schema invalidates all plans that mention the table.  Views and
> tables that have rules will still be mentioned in the rangetable of the
> resulting plan, even if they aren't part of the active plan.  (We use
> that for access rights checking.)

That makes me wonder. What happens if I prepare a query, then use SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION to change my user. Then try to execute the query?

Should it recheck all the permissions? Or are all my prepared queries
credential that I'm acquiring and can use any time?

--
greg