Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:

> How about hacking together a simple patch tracker instead, as Bruce suggested?
> I've never found e-mail to be a particularly good way to track patches.

The thing is that we don't just want to "track" patches. We want to talk about
patches.

In my ideal world we would mail off our patches to -hackers and the mail
software (this could be a subscription option) would strip them out before
forwarding the message. It would upload them to a web server and put a link in
the forwarded messages to the file on the web server.

If you have a clever IMAP server and a clever IMAP client you're actually not
far from that world today. But a lot of us are stuck with at least one
unclever piece of software there.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!