Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark napsal(a):
> "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>
>> How about hacking together a simple patch tracker instead, as Bruce suggested?
>> I've never found e-mail to be a particularly good way to track patches.
>
> The thing is that we don't just want to "track" patches. We want to talk about
> patches.

I think we want to have both. If you have big patch you don't want go through
all patch again and again when new version is released with only few changes. If
you are able to have diff between two patch versions you are able preform easy
check if all comments are already fixed.
        Zdenek