Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Posting to hackers and patches lists
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Matt,

> Patches are an integral part of the conversation about development, I
> think trying to split them up is awkward at best.  Do people really
> still think that the potential for larger messages is really a problem?

Well, I for one would need to change my subscription address.  This e-mailbox
has a limit of 60MB.  I have 5 e-mail accounts, though, so I could figure
something out.  In this day and age of Google/Yahoo/MSN unlimited accounts,
list volume isn't quite the problem it once was.

How about hacking together a simple patch tracker instead, as Bruce suggested?
I've never found e-mail to be a particularly good way to track patches.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun