Re: BUG #4913: Row missing from primary key index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #4913: Row missing from primary key index
Date
List pgsql-bugs

 >> Notice that the two rows seem entirely independent (different
 >> xmin).  The OP stated that his app generally does single-row
 >> inserts (with some exceptions not relevent here); however, we
 >> found a nearby row which shares the xmin:

 Tom> How is the timestamp column generated?  I'm wondering what we
 Tom> can deduce from the fact that the timestamps are all different.
 Tom> It's evidently not now().

(answering this one since the OP has probably gone for the night)

My understanding is that it is now(), but the OP should be able to
give a definitive answer. (Yes, this does raise some questions about
why it appears to have gone backwards at some points.)

 Tom> One thing that seems odd is that the xids are kinda small.  Did
 Tom> the system just recently have a wraparound event?

The system was recently dump/restored from a different box. The
failing rows are all new inserts since the restore.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)