Re: appendStringInfoString() micro-opt - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: appendStringInfoString() micro-opt
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> I'm not objecting to your doing it, exactly, just suggesting that
> there are better things to spend your time on.

Heh, probably true :-)

I'll put this on the back-burner for now, and repost a complete patch
later if I get around to it.

> This I would object to, since it creates a risk of failure if anyone
> is incautious enough to write a non-constant argument to
> appendStringInfoString.

Agreed.

(Semi-OT note: allowing the user to extend the compiler to enforce
rules like this is a cool idea: http://metacomp.stanford.edu/)

-Neil