Re: severe performance issue with planner - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: severe performance issue with planner
Date
List pgsql-performance
Sorry, I forgot a key clause there:

Greg Stark <gsstark@MIT.EDU> writes:

> select w8.wid,
>        w8.variant,
>        w8.num_variants,
>        sum_text(w8.unicode) as unicodes,
>        sum_text(w8.pinyin) as pinyins
>   from (
>         select wid,variant,
>           from words
>          where (sequence = 0 and pinyin = 'zheng4')
>             OR (sequence = 1 and pinyin like 'ji_')
>             OR (sequence = 2 and pinyin like 'guan_')
>             OR (sequence = 3 and pinyin like 'kai_')
>             OR (sequence = 4 and pinyin like 'fang_')
>             OR (sequence = 5 and pinyin like 'xi_')
>             OR (sequence = 6 and pinyin like 'tong_')
>             OR (sequence = 7 and pinyin like 'fu_')
>         group by wid,variant
>         having count(*) = 8
>        ) as w
>   join words as w8 using (wid,variant)

   where w8.sequence = 8

Or perhaps that ought to be

   join words as w8 on (    w8.wid=w.wid
                        and w8.variant=w.variant
                        and w8.sequence = 8)

or even

   join (select * from words where sequence = 8) as w8 using (wid,variant)

I think they should all be equivalent though.

--
greg