Re: Common Table Expressions (WITH RECURSIVE) patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Common Table Expressions (WITH RECURSIVE) patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Yeah, I'd been running into that issue too.  Adding an explicit pointer
> to the CTE into the RTE doesn't work because it renders the parse tree
> un-copiable (at least without something a lot more sophisticated than
> copyObject; and saving/loading rule parsetrees would be tough too).

Well the alternative to direct pointers is as you did with subqueries, turning
the set into a flat array and storing indexes into the array. I'm not sure if
that applies here or not.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!