Re: pgsql: Change floating-point output format for improved performance. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: pgsql: Change floating-point output format for improved performance.
Date
List pgsql-committers

 >>> Cross-version upgrade is the big problem; I have no real idea how to
 >>> make that test work short of adding another GUC; revert?

 >> Andrew Dunstan might be able to help, although I'm not immediately
 >> sure how...

 Andrew> Me either. I can, of course, have the check module drop tables
 Andrew> that make the tests fail, but that seems like bad course of
 Andrew> action in this case. Meanwhile, I'm going to run a series of
 Andrew> tests with different back branches to see the scope of the
 Andrew> problem. Expect to see these in the buildfarm results today.

I think we know the scope of the problem - the test will fail if
upgrading any back branch to HEAD, since the pg_dump output is
different. But this discussion should probably continue on the Ryu
thread on -hackers rather than here.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)