Problems with pgsql mail servers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Problems with pgsql mail servers?
Date
List pgsql-general
Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> writes:

> For some strange reason, the message above, took somewhat over
> three months to come through, maybe due to the To address in the header
> (?).

I also just received a message from a pgsql mailing list dated Feb 12. The
delay seemed to be in the queue on ns.pcbuddy.net [66.132.188.173]. And
someone commented a few months ago that I was unknowingly responding to a
long-dead thread, presumably due to a similar occurrence.

Is it possible these mail servers aren't running their queues regularly? If a
network failure causes a delivery failure on the first attempt messages will
sit in a queue until they're retried. If qmail isn't configured to run its
queue regularly then they'll languish there.

--
greg