Re: Problems with pgsql mail servers? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Problems with pgsql mail servers?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Greg Stark wrote:

> Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> writes:
>
>> For some strange reason, the message above, took somewhat over
>> three months to come through, maybe due to the To address in the header
>> (?).
>
> I also just received a message from a pgsql mailing list dated Feb 12. The
> delay seemed to be in the queue on ns.pcbuddy.net [66.132.188.173]. And
> someone commented a few months ago that I was unknowingly responding to a
> long-dead thread, presumably due to a similar occurrence.
>
> Is it possible these mail servers aren't running their queues regularly? If a
> network failure causes a delivery failure on the first attempt messages will
> sit in a queue until they're retried. If qmail isn't configured to run its
> queue regularly then they'll languish there.

'k, way back, I removed 66.132.191.19 out of the list of mail relays ...
IP isn't the same, but they may have changed the IP since ... but we
haven't been relaying through it in awhile ... so we aren't adding to its
queue ...

----