Re: Autovacuum cancellation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Autovacuum cancellation
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

>> I think there's a window where the process waiting directly on
>> autovacuum could have already fired its deadlock check before it was
>> waiting directly on autovacuum.
>
> I think you don't understand what that code is doing.  If there's an
> autovac anywhere in the dependency graph, it'll find it.

That'll teach me to try to read code from a patch directly without trying to
apply it or at least read the original source next to it. I thought I had seen
this code recently enough to apply the patch from memory -- clearly not.

I assume the right thing happens if multiple deadlock check signals fire for
the same autovacuum?

--
  Gregory Stark