Re: Ordered Append WIP patch v1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Ordered Append WIP patch v1
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Gregory Stark wrote:
>> >
>> > Here's the WIP patch I described on -hackers to implemented "ordered" append
>> > nodes.
>>
>> Did you ever publish an updated version of this patch?

No, it's been kind of on the back burner.

> I don't think so.  I think we just need to tell Greg if he should
> continue in this direction.

I think the executor side of things is pretty straightforward. Where I'm
really uncertain is on the planner side of things.

To be honest I didn't follow at all what Tom was saying to do with the
equivalence classes. What it's doing now is basically just lying and saying
the child columns are equivalent to the parent columns -- I'm not sure what
the consequences of that are. Tom seemed to think that would be bad but I
don't see any real problems with it.

--
  Gregory Stark