Re: recovery_connections cannot start - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: recovery_connections cannot start
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Treating the string "true" as a special case seems like a kludge to
> me.  Maybe a robust set of internal commands wouldn't be a kludge, but
> that's not what's being proposed here.  I guess it's just a matter of
> opinion.

I don't see how to have internal commands without having special cases
for the setting, and I did propose "pg_archive_bypass" as the name. I
guess the implementation would be what Simon was talking about, though.

I don't see "true" as meaningful in the context of an archive_command…

Regards,
--
dim