Re: Performance problem in PLPgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Performance problem in PLPgSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
dlight> So if I run function 10000 with varible inside the query indlight> one session it's replan each time.
dlight> But if whant to teling postgres do not doing this, what shouddlight> i do?
dlight> We have more than 10000 runs in one session with varibledlight> inside sql. And have big performance problem in
9.2and 9.3.

dlight> Here is my tests.dlight>
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/function-execute-on-v-9-2-slow-down-tp5767170p5771403.html

One interesting question is: why on earth is that query taking ~500ms
just to plan?

(Second question is, what are the plans and costs for the generic and
custom plans being generated, but that's harder to determine)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)