Updated Packed Varlena (relative to CVS post SET_VARSIZE changes) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Updated Packed Varlena (relative to CVS post SET_VARSIZE changes)
Date
List pgsql-patches
I've updated the patch against Tom's recent commit of the SET_VARSIZE changes.
It's about 40% the size it was before, most of the remaining patch is actually
heaptuple.c and tuptoaster.c which is the key code.

 http://community.enterprisedb.com/varlena/patch-varvarlena-13.patch.gz

I had fixed most of contrib last night but I pulled it out of this patch to
keep the size down. I'll send in a separate patch for contrib.

I'm not sure what to do about all the GIST data types. All those index support
functions take C data structures as datums and I can't tell which ones are
supposed to be varlenas and which are just random C data structures.

--
  Gregory Stark