Re: Sample of user-define window function and other things - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Sample of user-define window function and other things
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> Hitoshi Harada wrote:
>> - CREATE FUNCTION command accepts WINDOW keyword for non-c language
>> like plpgsql. Don't we need to throw error?
>
> The validator procedures of those languages should be made to reject that case
> if they can't support it.

Even if they can support it shouldn't they reject functions that aren't
actually window functions? What happens if you mark a perfectly normal
function as a window function, does it behave sanely?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!