Re: BUG #8453: uninitialized memory access in pg_receivexlog and other bugs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #8453: uninitialized memory access in pg_receivexlog and other bugs
Date
List pgsql-bugs

 >> Also, receivexlog is ignoring .partial and .history files when
 >> determining which timeline to start streaming from, which means
 >> that if there are two timeline changes that are not separated by a
 >> WAL segment switch, it will fail to operate due to attempting to
 >> start from a too-old timeline (for which xlogs are not available
 >> on the server).

 Heikki> There's nothing we can do with .history files here. The point
 Heikki> is to find out how far we have already received WAL, and the
 Heikki> presence of a .history file doesn't tell you anything about
 Heikki> that.

I was thinking that the presence of a history file might at least be
useful for setting a bound on what TLI we're going to use; but if a
possible .partial file is taken into account the issue should be moot
anyway I guess.

 Heikki> Attached is a patch to fix both of these issues. I'm too
 Heikki> tired right now to thoroughly test it and commit, so I'll get
 Heikki> back to this tomorrow. Meanwhile, please take a look and let
 Heikki> me know if you can see something wrong.

A quick eyeball check looks ok; I'll see about reproducing the
original scenario with this patch applied.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)